2018 Inaugural Season
Blizzard and Stoke Foundry approached StarBeast to create a graphics package for the Overwatch League inaugral season. This work showcased on giant screens at the Blizzard esports arena in Burbank, CA, and at Barclays in Brooklyn, NY for the finals.
Blizzard and Stoke Foundry approached StarBeast to create a graphics package for sholder content accompanying the Overwatch League inaugural season. We are gamers who love esports, so we were psyched!
Blizzard needed 12 pieces of custom motion graphics for every game day during the 20-week Overwatch League season -- that’s 240 customizable motion graphics! Working with Stoke Foundry and Blizzard, StarBeast created a content delivery system that was efficient and adaptable for each match. This work showcased on GIANT screens at the Blizzard esports arena in Burbank. It was a huge thrill for us to help design and execute such a large volume of content for Overwatch’s inaugural esports season!
For the 2018 Overwatch League Grand Finals, working with Stoke Foundry, StarBeast produced the opening film that kicked off Day 1. The opening film, narrated by Michael K Williams, was seen live in the Barclay Center and broadcasted around the globe to esports fans on Twitch, ESPN, Disney, ABC and other popular channels. We created four versions of the film -- each designed for the unique aspect ratios of each screen in the esports arena, the largest screen being 15k pixels wide.
- Blizzard needed to create a premium quality graphics package for the Overwatch League inaugural season.
- The graphics would appear in the Blizzard Arena as well as accompany the online shoulder content.
WHY WE LOVED THIS PROJECT
- We got to play on BIG screens with massive resolutions – and we loved the technical challenge.
- We were stoked to contribute to the inaugural season of an esports league we believe in!
- We got to create and manage a reliable content delivery system for Stoke Foundry and Blizzard – we're always happy making our clients lives easier.